Sunday, September 16, 2007

July 8, 2007 - Sunday
I always said NEVER
Current mood: amused

I was very much a "know-it-all" growing up. Maybe I still am. But I have learned something now that I didn't believe then....NEVER say NEVER.
I said:
"I'll NEVER be a teacher." = BME, CCAA, Irving ISD, Arlington ISD, Muzika School of Music, LAAM, etc.
"I'll NEVER be a texan." = "Howdy!"
"I'll NEVER be anything but Baptist." = "Hinei ma tov umanaim, shevet achim gam yachad."
"I'll NEVER marry a Brazilian." = "Hello, Alessandro."
"I'll NEVER marry a pastor/missionary." = We just recently submitted to missions fulltime.
I'm sure there was more of them that I just haven't realized, but thankfully, I try to keep the word "NEVER" from my vocabulary now - in order not to have to eat my words.

No comments: