Sunday, September 16, 2007

July 30, 2007 - Monday
If we were all who we want to be...
Current mood: curious

I was just thinking...I'm not who I want to be. I fail, I miss the mark, I am not.
But I want everyone to see me for who I "want to be" and not for who I am.
I know a guy who put all his thoughts in a book - a book no one would ever read. We thought of him as lazy, a thinker who did little. Maybe that's not who he wanted to be.
I know a guy who is covered in hair - looks like someone you would not want sleeping in your bed. Underneath it all, is he dirty, hiding something? - or maybe he is just hiding from us. Maybe he can't seem to show who he really wants to be.
I know a guy who can't express himself - the more he tries, the more misunderstood he becomes. So, he chooses not to speak. He seems arrogant. I have a feeling that is not who he wants to be.
I know a guy who is overweight, not married and happy-go-lucky. Many have called him homosexual. Is that who he wants to be?
I know a guy, hard worker, strong convictions, can be pushy and comes across as a know-it-all. I'm sure he doesn't think that of himself, but can we help but think that is who he wants to be?
Appearances...they are frighteningly incorrect. And still, we judge and are judged for what we appear to be, not what we want to be.
"...Not that I have already obtained all this, but I press on to take hold of that for which Messiah took hold of me...forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which G-d has called me heavenward in Messiah...
...Therefore, we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day...So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal...
...Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind...
...Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."
(Phil. 3:12-14, 2 Cor. 4:16-18, Rom. 12:2, Heb. 4:16)

No comments: