Sunday, September 16, 2007

August 23, 2007 - Thursday
Oh The Love
Current mood: relieved

I love to watch her sleep
I love to hear her breathe
I love the smell of her hair
I love her chubby feet
I love her in the morning
When she first reveals her smile
I love her in the afternoon
When we play for a while
I love her in the evening
When she holds on tight to me
I love the daily moments
That only I can see
I love to watch her grow
In beauty and in might
I love to see her conquer
What use to bring her fright
I love it when she talks
Whether it makes sense or not
I love that she accepts what I give her
Without one doubtful thought
I love that she's my daughter
That I can call her mine
I love every bonding moment
Creating lull in time
I love that she loves me now
But a question still remains
Will she love me forever
When she's distracted with other things
I would give all I have and am
For my precious girl to see
That noone could or ever will
Love her more than me.
Watching Hava teaches me so many things about what the L-rd must see when He looks at me. If I, the biggest sinner of them all, can find a place in my heart so deep of unconditional love for a simple human being, how much more must my Father, who is the perfection of love, have towards me. I can be so negative about who I am and who I need to be, but His love covers over all of the "shoulds" and leaves me with the peace of an eternal embrace of love. Knowing His love makes me want to be a better me. I hope Hava continues to see His love through me - not so that she will exalt me, but so that she will know His love and never be without His embrace.

No comments: