Thursday, May 01, 2008

Up All Night

For about the past month, there have been several occasions where I have been awake in the wee hours of the morning. Anyone who knows me knows I sleep...I like to sleep...I sleep a lot! :o) Most of it is actually a physical need after everything medical I have been through. But I also enjoy my sleep...I guess every mother does.

The first few times I was up was with our baby girl. She has been teething (again), and also has had a cold. She ended up sleeping with us quite a few times. But she is back in her bed now and sleeping soundly.

After all that was over, I was still waking up at 2 or 3 am. The first time I really couldn't figure it out. I had a million thoughts flying through my brain and then I realized the L-rd was waking me up. Since we have a big evangelistic project coming up, I have been praying a lot for the souls who are needing Him. The other night, I realized He didn't want me just to pray for them, but to pray for myself....to be prepared for what He might require of me. It kind of scares me...am I ready to give up whatever He asks for the sake of someone else's salvation? I think many wives and mothers can relate...just the thought of losing your family is so overwhelming, that we sometimes relinquish the thought as soon as it comes. At the same time, I am very aware that the L-rd gives, and He takes away. Blessed be His name!

Al and I have been asking by literally DOZENS of people for us to pray specifically for them. There are so many people suffering, it is hard to keep up with all their needs. The night before last, I woke up again and started praying for them. I was up for 2 hours just talking with the L-rd and asking His guidance and protection over us. As my husband slept beside me, and our baby girl in her crib nearby, I felt an overwhelming need to pray for their safety. I don't know exactly what, but I know a lot will be required of us, because we have been given much. (Luke 12:48)

I am not really at any kind of revelation here, but I would love any prayers interceded on our behalf. There is such a big task ahead of us...

1 comment:

The Hibbard Family said...

You have our prayers, too! I have been praying for open doors and a great preparation before you for the ministry you're going into, as well as the basic concept of safety in travel. But, I think there is a deeper level of safety the Lord is laying on your heart, and I'm going to join you in prayer for that.