Thursday, December 29, 2005

THE PROCESS OF SICKNESS - Part I

One day you feel fine and the next - BANG BOOM - you're down for the count. It really stinks - you've made all these plans for things that need to get done, or you want to get done, but when you're sick - that's it. You're out of the game.

It seems that way, but in reality, many sicknesses come on slowly - they begin to build without our even knowing or paying attention. About a year and a half ago, I was feeling fine and then I started to feel hot every day. I felt like I had a fever, but nothing else. One day, two days, five days, a week, two weeks - now I was feeling puny. And to make matters worse, this would be the year of the 4 - count them, 4 hurricanes in South Florida. I felt weak. So, now that noone could work anyway, I would just rest.

I started out in the full horizontal position, but as the days went on, I melted into the fetal position. My stomach was bulging in obscure form. I was sick - very sick. The doctor didn't even give me a choice - "get up right now and go to the emergency room." Well, one thing led to the next and I was in sugery for my gall bladder. I was full of infection and stayed medicated in the hospital bed for 5 days. It was awful, but I got better.

I had been so busy and life had been so hectic, maybe this was the L-rd telling me to calm down, take a breather...you definitely don't want to go back to those college years....

(continued on post: THE PROCESS OF SICKNESS - Part II)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthew 8:17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.

No comments: