Friday, December 21, 2007

Let Me Believe!

I don't know if you've even felt this way, but every once in a while, I feel like screaming to all who can hear: "Would you JUST LET ME BELIEVE???!!!"

It seems like so many people are so bent on defending their own theology, justifying their actions and "converting" others to their personal convictions, that they leave little to no room for an individual to come to a personal understanding.

Maybe I do the same thing without meaning to , but I promise you here and now, I DO NOT want to change your mind. Have you questioned something that seems noone else has? Have you felt convicted of something that noone else seems to recognize? Have you studied to be found approved - striving for the goal which is set before you, yet noone else seems to make issue of it? Excellent!

Welcome to the club...we are loners, we are seekers, trying to find our way, not show you yours.

Just please allow me to search out my own beliefs - to test EVERYTHING and hold on to what is GOOD. He who has ears, let him hear.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great statements. I did just this many years ago, and am always grateful when people let me believe the things I wish to believe without condemning me, or trying to talk me out of them. Thanks for sharing your feelings. May 2008 be a great year for you.